The Fat Man’s Turkey Brine II
A delicious brine perfect for roasting or smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving or, anytime.
- 2 Gallons Water
- 1-1/4 Cup Pickling Salt/Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Sage
- 2 Tbsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 4 Each Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Dave's Insanity Sauce/ Franks/Texas Pete’s Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
Mix all ingredients in pot until dissolved.
Place turkey in large container or, XXL Ziploc storage bag.
Add brine to container.
Place container in refrigerator.
Allow turkey to brine up to 24 hours.
Cook/Smoke/Barbeque as usual until breast reaches correct internal temperature.